Daily usage of internet, and rapid evolution of web technologies, in particular regarding interactions between users and information systems, are global trends initiated several year ago and that changed the way digital projects are managed by companies.
Shorter lifecycles of web technologies, and consequently of web applications, combined with more and more transversal applications requiring collaboration between several departments of a company, are also strong trends with a major impact on learning management projects.
What kind of benefit will result from the deployment of a LMS ?
- reduction of travel and accommodation costs
- improvement of trainers' availability thanks to the collaborative tools made available within a LMS
- diversification of training materials (interactive videos, dynamic presentations, live meetings, etc…)
- centralization of training material and user statistics (results, regularity of attendance, progress, etc…)
- how to raise commitment among trainees?
- how to produce qualitative training materials?
- which tools are the best suited?
So, where to start ?