3 posts / 0 new
Last post
adam3145
Hardware Requirements for 500 - 1000 users

Hi,

What are the hardware requirements for between 500 and 1000 users? I am going to have some video's hosted elsewhere (youtube), along with some local content

axel
Staff
Hi adam3145,

Hi adam3145,

The max. number of concurrent connections is more important than the total number of users.

If you have between 500 and 1000 users, let's assume that you will have max 50 concurrent connections.

This won't require large hardware requirements, all the more so if you have your videos hosted externally.

I would advise 4 CPU and 16Gb RAM as minimum spec. You should take care of hard disks, this is an important thing for performance, SSD drives are highly advised.

Then you should take care of PHP and MySQL settings, to significantly rise performance (granting the maximum possible memory to these processes).

Best regards,

adam3145
Host Video's Externally

Perfect that seems reasonable to me. For hosting the video's externally what do you suggest? I would like to keep the video's private so they are only accessible within the courses. i was looking at a Microsoft solution for that but wasn't sure what was already setup to work well.

I am looking to using Opigno with Drupal 8.